re: History
Reply to @Bollardant2: The Final Update
The two asphalt runways were established in 1952, parallel runway was added in 1964, and final runway was added sometime in 1979. The crosswind runway presumably closed following the 1964 expansion, and the 1979 runway replaced the one closer to the apron. Perhaps light aircraft still utilised the remaining eastern end of the crosswind runway before it was demolished, hence Stroud’s reporting of the airport in 1980.
Log in to leave a comment